Dear Emergency Preparedness Network (EPN):
The Maryland Department of Health's Office of Preparedness and Response (MDH OP&R) has provided the following announcements from the National Weather Service (NWS) and MEMA (MEMA Emergency Management Agency), as of Tuesday, September 14, 2021.
The following are briefings from the National Weather Service offices for Maryland for Wednesday, September 15, 2021.
Severe Thunderstorms Possible Tomorrow
- A cold front will approach Wednesday, and isolated severe storms are possible ahead of the front Wednesday afternoon and evening.
- Wednesday afternoon and evening (best chance between 2 pm and 10 pm).
- The main threat will be damaging wind gusts that can bring down trees and power lines.
- Best chance for a severe storm will be across northern and western Maryland, eastern West Virginia, and the northern Shenandoah Valley of Virginia.
- Please see the linked map here.
Stay safe and healthy.
The time to prepare is now!
Dawn E. Seek
Executive Director, Maryland-National Capital Homecare Association (MNCHA)
Associate Director, MNCHA Emergency Preparedness