A training for private duty, home health, hospice and DME companies.
Registration is free, but required. Register today!
About this Event
This event is being held in partnership between MNCHA and the Maryland Department of Health Office of Preparedness and Response as part of MNCHA’s Home Care Emergency Preparedness project. This free training is intended to help members of MNCHA’s Emergency Preparedness Network prepare to meet new emergency preparedness requirements for Medicare and Medicaid and Participating Providers.
COVID-19 and Infection Control - Breaking the Chain and What’s New
Infection control and prevention strategies are paramount for both patient care and employee protection during a pandemic. The 2020 pandemic has been especially challenging as guidance has been changing so rapidly it has been hard to keep abreast. This session will provide the latest updates for health care workers as well as practices to break the chain of infection including protection with a new vaccine. As we move into a second phase of the pandemic, the challenges will be almost limitless but infection prevention is a constant.Course Objectives:
At the completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Implementation of the latest HCW guidelines from the CDC
- Employee vaccination strategy
- Updates on quarantine isolation for health care workers
Go to RBC Limited Web site to Register:
Coupon code: chain
- When you get to the link on the RBC Limited Web site it will show the training with a cost.
- Add the course to the CART.
- Go to the CART to register and enter the coupon code to get the course for free.
- Complete the check out process and enter your contact information.
- When you complete the transaction you will be registered for the course and will receive future reminders and notifications from RBC about the Webinar and follow up emails after the course is completed with links to the Webinar video.
About the Speaker
Barbara B. Citarella, RN, BSN, MS, CHCE, NHDP-BC
National Healthcare Disaster Professional, Subject Matter Expert to ASPR-TRACIE, President and CEO, RBC Limited
Barbara Citarella is the founder of the award-winning company RBC Limited, a healthcare and management company specializing in healthcare operations including value based purchasing, strategic planning, leadership retreats, audits, and corporate compliance with regulatory requirements. She is also the only recognized expert in disaster preparedness for the home care and hospice industry. In addition to consulting in all areas of health care, Barbara has worked extensively with local, state, federal government agencies, and the private sector with regard to business recovery planning, protection of personnel assets, infection prevention, infrastructure protection, all hazards planning and the Incident Command System. She currently serves as a subject matter expert for the Unites States Assistant Secretary of Preparedness, and Response program (ASPR TRACIE), and was recently appointed to the National Quality Forum’s committee on Healthcare System Readiness, a multi-stakeholder task force to improve health care systems’ response capabilities for large scale events.
* CE credits are “NOT” available for this program. However, a Certificate of Attendance will be available so you can apply for CEUs within your state