A training for private duty, home health, hospice and DME companies.
Registration is free, but required. Register today!
About this Event
This event is being held in partnership between MNCHA and the Maryland Department of Health Office of Preparedness and Response as part of MNCHA’s Home Care Emergency Preparedness project. This free training is intended to help members of MNCHA’s Emergency Preparedness Network prepare to meet new emergency preparedness requirements for Medicare and Medicaid and Participating Providers.
Use of Incident Command System/Consensus Team During an Event
The Incident Command System provides a strong comprehensive team approach for responding to all types of event but especially for situations such the one we are currently experiencing, the COVID-19 pandemic. Utilizing a response team gives clear direction on roles and responsibilities. But what we have learned during this pandemic, is that during an unprecedented emergency with a brand new landscape, that decision making may require a consensus team approach as well. This session will focus on developing the teams and the importance to the care delivery system of the home care and hospice industry.
At the completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the principles and basic structure of the Incident Command System (ICS).
- Describe the ICS functional areas and the roles of the Incident Commander and Command Staff.
- Define consensus teams and importance during patient care in a pandemic.
- Identify how NIMS management characteristics apply to ICS for a variety of roles and discipline areas.
Go to RBC Limited Web site to Register:
Coupon code: incident
- When you get to the link on the RBC Limited Web site it will show the training with a cost.
- Add the course to the CART.
- Go to the CART to register and enter the coupon code to get the course for free.
- Complete the check out process and enter your contact information.
- When you complete the transaction you will be registered for the course and will receive future reminders and notifications from RBC about the Webinar and follow up emails after the course is completed with links to the Webinar video.
About the Speaker
Barbara B. Citarella, RN, BSN, MS, CHCE, NHDP-BC
National Healthcare Disaster Professional, Subject Matter Expert to ASPR-TRACIE, President and CEO, RBC Limited
Barbara Citarella is the founder of the award-winning company RBC Limited, a healthcare and management company specializing in healthcare operations including value based purchasing, strategic planning, leadership retreats, audits, and corporate compliance with regulatory requirements. She is also the only recognized expert in disaster preparedness for the home care and hospice industry. In addition to consulting in all areas of health care, Barbara has worked extensively with local, state, federal government agencies, and the private sector with regard to business recovery planning, protection of personnel assets, infection prevention, infrastructure protection, all hazards planning and the Incident Command System. She currently serves as a subject matter expert for the Unites States Assistant Secretary of Preparedness, and Response program (ASPR TRACIE), and was recently appointed to the National Quality Forum’s committee on Healthcare System Readiness, a multi-stakeholder task force to improve health care systems’ response capabilities for large scale events.
* CE credits are “NOT” available for this program. However, a Certificate of Attendance will be available so you can apply for CEUs within your state